By default, all orders and SKUs in Cubyn take the “default” picking strategy, meaning that picking priority is not assigned to any items and picking does not follow a particular order.
Assigning a specific picking order to your out-bounded items is now available by selecting a custom picking strategy for your orders 🚀 🔢
Available Custom Picking Strategies
- FIFO (First-In, First-Out): Picking priority is assigned to items with the oldest lot date
- LIFO (Last-In, First-Out): Picking priority is assigned to items with the most recent lot date
💡 At Cubyn, the Lot date can be equal to:
- By default, the reception date ( date we received your items in our warehouse) or
- The expiry date you provided when creating the WIO
Picking strategies are available for the following groups:
- By Order Type: assign a specific picking strategy for each type of order ( ex. assign pallet orders to be picked by LIFO and parcel orders to be picked by FIFO).
- By SKU: if not all SKUs require a specific picking strategy, you can select which SKUs will follow either the “default” or a “custom” strategy. If the SKU is assigned a “custom” strategy, then it will follow the picking strategy of the order (FIFO / LIFO).
- Activation: please contact our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org to activate this feature
- Select which SKUs will follow either a “default” or “custom” strategy (ex. You can assign a custom picking strategy to SKU: “dogfood” , and a default picking strategy to SKU: “dogtoy”)
- Select your preferred picking strategy for each order type: ( ex. You can assign pallet orders to be picked by LIFO and parcel orders to be picked by FIFO).
- Provide lot information:
- Provide us with the lot date for each of your inbounds (WIO) *
- Otherwise, for unknown lot dates, we will use the reception date as the lot number by default (reception date is the date these items were received in our warehouse)
* You can only assign one lot date for each SKU in a WIO. Also, please take into consideration that if you choose to provide Cubyn with an expiry date for a given SKU, you should provide this information every time we receive new items from that SKU, at the risk of mixing reception date and expiry date.
- Once you receive confirmation from Cubyn, your orders will be fulfilled according to your picking strategy! 🔢
Please sign in to leave a comment.